Enter Floki’s Float Your Boat Battle at A Viking Thing 2023
Boatbuilders! Floki calls upon you to build your best boat (and make sure it floats!)
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS:
Build the most magnificent Viking vessel you can muster. Follow the rules, stave off the competition and be Floki’s favourite.
- Builders can work solo or in pairs.
- No materials to be used that could be hazardous to either humans or water life
- Boats must be at least 50cm long.
- Boats must stay afloat for a minimum of 45 seconds.
- Boats must have a tether attached.
Prizes are awarded based on creativity and theme and are at the judge’s discretion.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Pre-register for Floki’s Build-A-Boat Battle by purchasing a spot above
- Make your payment to secure your entry
- Keep your eyes on social media for the timetable, which will alert you to the time of the judging.
WHEN & WHERE DOES IT ALL HAPPEN?
Floki’s Boat Yard behind the Chapel will play host to your vessels until the judging. You may drop your creations off in the boatyard and return later for the competition.
The judging will take place in Floki’s Boat Yard, with boats being launched from the pier.
Keep your eye on our social media for inspiration! We cannot wait to float your boats!
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION CLOSES ON WEDNESDAY 1 NOVEMBER 2023 at 8PM